Otra Cosa Network is both a UK Registered Charity (No. 1133680) and a registered Peruvian NGO (11126841), whose aim is the provision of volunteers to help community projects improve local people’s quality of life. Otra Cosa is based in a beautiful Peruvian coastal town and has been offering affordable and rewarding volunteering experience to international volunteers since 2004 while providing local network projects with well motivated, carefully selected volunteers.
Otra Cosa Network needs to explore new fundraising opportunities in the UK and in the European Union, building up a varied network of funding support to establish the organisation and ensure long-term commitment to our partner projects. OCN seeks to raise funds from various sources especially those with an interest in Latin America.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a brand new role working for a vibrant new organization in Peru which is instrumental in changing the lives of many disadvantaged people on a daily basis. The successful applicant will be mainly focusing on building successful relationships with supporters, so the ability to network is crucial.
Volunteer Roles/ Working Hours
- Prepare fundraising documents and other support materials, e.g. flyers, texts for website
- Approach potential and existing donors to persuade them to donate for the first time or increase their donations
- Maintain, increase and communicate with a database of donors; an understanding of the Data Protection Act and the various privacy regulations is essential for this task
- Understand and exploit the tax benefits offered by the UK government to charities, e.g. Gift Aid
- Occasionally travel locally, making grant applications to donors' offices in Warwick (for UK based volunteer) and in Peru (for Peru based volunteers) to explain policy and motivate staff and volunteers
- Working hour can be flexibly arranged (minimum 20 hours per week of volunteering)
- Spanish Level to Start Project: No Spanish needed
- Native (or fully fluent) English speaker
- Time Commitment: Min 3 months
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Confidence, enthusiasm and commitment to the cause
- Excellent communication ability – both written and verbal
- Research skills
- Knowledge of finance and money management ability is a bonus
- Creativity and the ability to be proactive are desirable qualities for this role